This website is published by Carers’ Circle Pty Limited (ABN 87 626 292 162, ACN 626 292 162168 125 102) (the “company”). References to “we” and “us” in these terms are to each of the company, its employees, its officers, its agents and its subcontractors; references to “you” are to you the person who accesses or uses this website; references to “contributors” are to people (other than the company) whose materials are published on this website or in our other media sources; references to “our other media sources” are to the company’s Twitter feeds, Facebook pages, emails and other means of providing information that are associated with this website.
This website seeks to give some information and suggestions for things for you to think about or investigate further. Our other media sources do too. While we hope that this website and our other media sources will be useful to you please note the following:
We do not act as advisors. Nor are we providing professional services. We do not provide medical, health, counselling, legal, financial, tax or other advice or services. For example, this website, our other media sources or the material on them should not be used for medical self diagnosis or treatment. You, your parents and any other relevant person should obtain appropriate advice and services from suitably qualified medical, legal or other professionals.
This website does not cover or mention all relevant topics. The same goes for our other media sources. We do, however, expect that the topics covered or mentioned by this website will expand over time.
- In some cases a topic will simply be mentioned on this website or our other media sources, so that if the topic is relevant to you, your parents or any other relevant person, then you or they will need to look elsewhere to find more information about it. Sometimes this website or our other media sources might give links as a starting point. Even if a topic is covered in this website or our other media sources in more detail, you, your parents and any other relevant person will need to decide whether to check it with other sources or seek further information about it.
- Some of the material on this website and our other media sources is specific to Australia and will not apply in other locations. Even within Australia details can vary between the different States and Territories and it is important that you, your parents or any other relevant person check the position that applies in the relevant place.
- Things change and the material on this website and our other media sources might be or become out of date. We do not necessarily update the website or our other media sources to reflect this.
- The material on this website or our other media sources might be incorrect. If you notice something that you consider to be incorrect, please contact us with details. You can contact us.
- The internet isn’t always secure. Communications can be intercepted and websites and other media can have viruses and other malicious code. This website and our other media sources are not immune and if you access or use this website or our other media sources you accept this risk.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
You, your parents and any other relevant person may not rely on the material in this website or our other material sources for any purpose including making decisions (or as the basis of not doing something). If you access or use this website or our other media sources, you do so at your own risk.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we (and our contributors) accept no liability for any loss of any kind that you, your parents or any other person suffers or incurs in connection with this website and our other media sources (including the material in them or any omissions from them) even if we (or our contributors) have been negligent. You release us (and our contributors) from all such liability.
To the extent the law does not allow us (or a contributor) to totally exclude this liability, (a) if the law allows us (or the contributor) to limit that liability to the amount you have paid us for access to the website or the other media source, we (and the contributor) limit the liability to you to the amount you have paid (even if it is nothing); and otherwise, we (and the contributor) limit that liability to either (at our election) resupplying the relevant material or paying for it to be resupplied. If you or any person brings a claim against us (or a contributor – or if we or a contributor otherwise have any liability) in connection with your access to or use of this website or our other media sources (or in connection with the information in them or any omissions from them), you indemnify us for any loss we (or the contributor) suffer or incur in connection with that claim (or liability) including legal expenses). While given in favour of “us” as defined in these terms, this indemnity may not be enforced by anyone other than the company, its officers or its employees unless the company consents in writing.
In the case of contributors, the provisions under the heading “Disclaimer and limitation of liability” are subject to the provisions under the heading “Material submitted by others and contributors”.
Use of this website
We would hope that users of this website and our other media sources will play nicely. You agree:
- Only to access and use material on this website and our other media sources for your own non-commercial personal use and not for any commercial purpose.
- Not to access or use the website or our other media sources in an unlawful manner or in connection with an unlawful purpose.
- Not to access or use the website or our other media sources in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any of them or any other website or media source (including of other people); not obtain emails or other contact details from the website or our other media sources and send unsolicited emails or other communications to them;
- If you register as a subscriber, you will only register one account.
Material submitted by others and contributors
Some of the material on this website and our other media sources is submitted by others. This material can be submitted to us in various ways, including simple posts and more formal articles. We don’t verify the accuracy of material submitted to us by others and published on this website or via our other media sources. Nor do we necessarily review the material for other purposes. Material that is submitted by others does not necessarily reflect our views.
If a contributor submits material to us then (unless we otherwise agree with the contributor in writing) they agree in favour of us:
- The company may but will not necessarily put it on the website or publish it via our other media sources. If the company puts it on the website or other media sources, or otherwise use it, the company may make changes to it. The company may also remove it from the website or other media sources. If the contributor wants to keep a copy of the material, they should make that copy before they submit it to us.
- The company has a non-exclusive perpetual licence to use the material for any purpose. This includes to publish, copy, sub-license, adapt, display or perform (including publicly), reformat, translate, distribute, make extracts from, make derivative works from and make changes to it. This licence is transferable, is with the right to sub-license, is worldwide, is not limited to this website and our other media sources and does not require any payment. The contributor grants the company this licence (and represent that the contributor has the right to do so). The contributor also waives all moral rights in the material.
- The contributor represents that they own the copyright and other intellectual property rights to the material (and that no one else has any such rights to it) and that they are entitled to grant the company the licence referred to above.
- The contributor represents that the material (and its publication on the website) does not breach any law; is not defamatory, harassing or obscene; does not contain any confidential information; does not contain private information (including personal contact information) of anyone other than yourself; and does not contain any software virus or anything else that could impact on the way this website (or our other media sources or any software, hardware or other equipment – including other people’s) functions.
- If the material contains pictures of people, the contributor represents that the contributor has received the consent of the people in the picture for the use of their picture (which consent also covers use contemplated by the above paragraphs).
- While these terms refer to contributors under the heading “Disclaimer and limitation of liability” above, we make no representation about the effect of those provisions. Contributors need to satisfy themselves about whatever effect they might have. Also, those provisions do not limit the company’s rights, or a contributor’s obligations, under the heading “Material submitted by others and contributors” or any other terms a contributor agrees to in connection with a contribution.
- A contributor may not submit material to the company unless the representations above are true. If any of the representations above become untrue for material a contributor has submitted to us, the contributor must tell us by email as soon as the contributor becomes aware of that. Contributors can contact us.
In the case of contributors, the provisions under the heading “Disclaimer and limitation of liability” are subject to the provisions under the heading “Material submitted by others and contributors”. The contributors’ undertakings and representations in this Disclaimer + legal terms are only in favour of us.
Copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights
The material in this website is protected by copyright laws in Australia and other countries.
You may view the material on this website for your own personal non-commercial use. Apart from this, you may not reproduce, communicate or transmit material from this website unless the company agrees in writing or unless otherwise permitted by law.
You may not use the any of the company’s trademarks or logos (whether or not they are registered) unless the company agrees in writing.
Other people’s websites or media sources
This website and our other media sources contain some links to other websites and media published by others. We don’t endorse or accept any liability or responsibility for those other websites or other media or their contents. If you think that a link is inappropriate, or that there are other better or more appropriate links, please contact us. You are welcome to create a link from your website to this website (but if we ask you to remove the link you must do so promptly). You may not use a trademark or logo of the company when doing this unless the company agrees in writing.
This website and our other media sources have pictures of people, and might have pictures, logos or trademarks relating to recognisable people or organisations, that we have sourced from various places. Our publication of these pictures or logos does not mean that these people or organisations endorse us, this website or our other media sources.